Jackdaw offers quality professional development opportunities for teachers with an emphasis on
- learning to manage today’s diverse classrooms, and
- equipping learners to meet the challenges of demanding curricula.
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Language across the curriculum / CLIL
- Learner independence
- Differentiated instruction
- Curriculum mapping
- Critical thinking skills
- Formative and summative assessment
- Integration of learning technologies
- The skills of questioning and providing feedback
- Enquiry-based learning / Problem-based Learning
- Managing EAL/ESL learners
- Action research / Lesson study
Jackdaw can meet with teams of teachers and school departments to help them find fresh, informed direction in their approaches to learning, teaching and assessment.
Jackdaw is able to review the quality of departmental examination papers and teaching materials in an impartial manner, and is always respectful of the confidentiality of school documents.
Jackdaw can follow up teacher development workshops with targeted lesson observations to help teachers reflect on their experimentation with novel techniques and methods.
Why Jackdaw? Because…
Jackdaw identifies the brightest ideas from educational research and helps schools introduce and apply those ideas in ways compatible with their learning environments.
Jackdaw is concerned to support innovation in pedagogical practice in a manner that is careful, evidence-based and sensitive to the specific learning environment.
Jackdaw aims for long-lasting, positive impact.
Jackdaw is flexible on time and location.
Jackdaw has experience with a number of schools in Hong Kong and Macau:
- Christian Alliance International School
- Holy Family Canossian College
- HKRSS Tai Po Secondary School
- Sacred Heart Canossian College
- Sacred Heart Canossian College of Commerce
- St. Francis’ Canossian College
- St. Joseph Diocesan College
- St. Mary’s Canossian College
- Yew Chung International School
Please contact Jackdaw Learning & Teaching using the form below. Informal discussion of your school’s development needs is welcomed.